We LOVE bread in my home! When I saw this recipe for Homemade Olive Garden Breadsticks over at Full Bellies. Happy Kids, I definitely had to give them a try. These breadsticks are so good, and pretty easy to make! They would make a GREAT side dish to your meal!
Homemade Olive Garden Breadsticks
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour add more or less as needed
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water and allow to sit for 10 minutes to activate yeast.
- Add flour, salt and melted butter to yeast mixture. Mix with paddle attachment of stand mixer or wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Knead dough for a few minutes just until dough is smooth in consistency. Do not overknead!
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Pull off pieces of dough and roll out into strips. Cover the dough with a light towel and let sit in a warm place for 45 minutes to an hour to allow dough to rest and rise.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Once oven has preheated, place the cookie sheet in oven and bake breadsticks for 6-7 minutes.
- While breadsticks are cooking, microwave 1/2 cup butter, 2 teaspoons garlic powder and 1 teaspoon salt.
- After bread sticks have cooked for 6 or 7 minutes, brush the bread sticks with half the butter mixture. Then continue to bake for 5-8 more minutes.
- After removing breadsticks from oven, immediately brush the other half of the butter on the sticks.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.
(recipe from: Full Bellies. Happy Kids.)