Pineapple Cheese Ball

I love a good appetizer recipe, especially if that recipe is quick, easy and tastes great! This is a recipe that comes from my grandma’s cookbook, but I jazzed up the flavor a little by adding a couple of ingredients.  It is definitely a keeper! It is SO EASY to throw together and tastes GREAT!  My husband raved about this cheese ball!

PINEAPPLE CHEESE BALL

1-1/2 packages (12 oz) cream cheese
1 small can crushed pineapple (well drained)
powdered sugar (to taste- approximately 2-3 Tbsp.)
green onion (optional-to taste, approximately 2 Tbsp.)
chopped ham (optional-to taste, approximately 2-3 Tbsp. I used deli meat ham)
chopped pecans (about 1 cup worth)

Combine all ingredients together.Mash into a ball and chill.Roll in crushed pecans.
Refrigerate until served.Serve with crackers.

Linking up to these parties and here

Comments

Thanks for sharing this cheese ball. I use to make it years ago, but had lost the recipe. It is so yummy and FYI, it freezes wonderfully!

Wow, this whole combination looks great!! My mouth s watering just thinking about how delish this is :) We're having some friends over for Christmas and you can be this is making the appetizer list. Pinned!

That looks like one incredible appetizer.

This looks wonderful. Great for the holidays.

looks delish! I heart cheese balls.. lol!

Oh my goodness Nikki!! This looks amazing!! I'm gonna make this right this second! Thanks!

My mom used to make this! Oh does that bring back memories. Yay! I'm going to make it for Christmas appetizers, thank you!

I've got several family members who are Pineapple obsessed and would love this one!

I made this today for a party, it is incredible! I love how easy it is to make!

This is different from most cheeseball recipes I see. Looks kinda like a hawaaian pizza in a cheeseball. :) Wonder if it would be good with some jalepeno?

Yum! This looks amazing! Kind of a tropcial flair to a cheeseball. I love it!!!

Looks super Yummy! :) Thank you for sharing!Kindly, Lorraine

I'm having a linky party right now on my blog! I would love it if you would link up your holiday stuff! So cute! Here is my link http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/2011/12/13/linky-party/ Thanks!

You make me miss my Mommy! (not gone, but 2300 miles away this Christmas)…she loved to make us cheese balls!Maybe with your cute recipe I'll do some up this year, ay? Yup, yup, think I WILL! :DVisiting via: TT &J linky party,Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois

Took this to work and they raved about it. I love how quick it is to make

This sounds delicious! I like to mix cream cheese together w/crushed pineapple to eat on celery. I can't wait to try that combination in a cheese ball! :-)

I added these to my super bowl inspiration post:http://athriftydiva.com/2012/01/31/super-bowl-snacks-inspiration/adorable :)

This recipe is too much cream cheese. I suggest using only one package of cream cheese and increasing the ham and green onion a bit.

The family loved this!!! I did increase the amount of ham and green onions a bit. I also helped drain the crushed pineapple by using a papertowel to absorb as much of the juices as possible. The pecans I toasted before chopping and I chose to chop them very fine. DELICIOUS!!!

Is it really necesary to add powdered sugar?

I was wondering could you roll it in anything else since I have a nut alergen? thanks!

Beth Norred says:

CHOPPED CILANTRO, OR PARSLEY LEAVES.. OR SHREDDED CHEDDAR OR PEPPER JACK CHEESE WOULD MAKE A GREAT CHEESE BALL..

I make this same recipe but add a small amount of finely minced green pepper, about one teaspoon. It gives it a very unique taste.

Thank you for posting this recipe! I just made it today for a BBQ and keep sneaking in for a bite. So good!!

My wife is at the store right now, getting ingredients for this. Its for a friends going-away party. I hope he likes it. Going to pair a Moscato d’Asti wine with it.

Cheers!

the ingredients call for a cup of chopped pecans, then it says to roll the finished cheese ball in the crushed pecans. So the chopped ones go in the cheese ball and then you need more?

Judy Hobdy says:

I saw your recipe on pinterest. I’ve been making this appetizer for the past 37 years. But I use dried beef instead of ham. It can be found in the canned meat section of the grocery. Comes in a little clear jar. Smells strong when you open it up, but the flavor is awesome in this recipe. I hope you give it a try. This is one of my family’s most requested appetizer.

Judy Hobdy says:

OH, besides using dried beef instead of ham, I do not use the sugar.

eugenia castillo says:

THANK U VERY MUCH FOR THIS RECIPE IT LOOKS DELICIOUS!!!
    I SEE IT IN PINTEREST…CONGRATTULATIONS KEEP GOING

Kathy Hollerback says:

Is there a printable version that I am missing?

Found on Pinterest & repinned! Yummy + easy = my fave type of recipe.

Looks so good, going to try it soon.. Thanks for sharing your recipe.. Blessings. :)

I have had this cheese ball before, and it is delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

I’m going to try this.

jan jones says:

Wow, I have made this cheeseball for years, and everyone LOVES it. I will have to try it with the powdered sugar and pineapple as well. I have also added shredded cheddar and bacon on occasion.

Eloise Rivera says:

that is look good the foods….

I love cheeseballs and you can make them with your favorite chutney also. 1 brick of cream cheese and your favorite chutney, mix well, roll in your favorite nuts!

im going to try this for christmas at my sons /////it sounds good /////merry christmas to you

karen richards says:

This is a wonderful touch to the holiday season of snacks and finger foods!

Ashley Clark says:

Just made a couple, the first one went so quick i had to make another! Fantastic!

I used to make a cheese ball very similar to this almost 40 years ago. It was awesome, but somehow over the years I forgot bout it. Thanks for reminding me. Mine called for 2 -8 oz packages cream cheese 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper. Mine didn’t have the powdered sugar in it, but sounds great–I will add that the next time!

This was really yummy. Great blend of flavors! Thanks for sharing!

Marianne Lau says:

Wow, I took a chance on this recipe & was slightly worried it wouldn’t taste good.. I made it for a church social event. But, it did NOT disappoint. I was delicious & looks pretty with the pecans. I even added a few chopped onions to the top. Really pretty. Thanks for this recipe!!

I made this for the first time today and it is simply amazing! Not your ordinary cheeseball… it’s way better :)

The “pin it” button doesn’t work for this recipe. :(

Looks delicious. Could this be made in advance and put in the freezer?

Pineapple ball is awesome, I added a little green bell pepper! :-P

I don’t see where there is a PRINT icon on your website. It would be very helpful to have that.

Thanks,
    Donna Guess

I found this recipe about a year ago. I must say it’s absolutely delicious! If you want to make an appetizer to please a crowd and have them asking you for the recipe, this is it!!! It’s inexpensive to make and is yummy!

The cheeseball is very good, but can definitely go without the powdered sugar. My husband and I used honey glazed ham which makes up for the sweetness. We also added a little celery for added crunch. Over all very good.

This was surprisingly good. I used more ham and green onions and left out the pecans; I didn’t like the taste with the pecans in it. I think next time I’ll used chopped water chestnuts for some crunch factor.