This Zucchini Sheet Cake is so moist and delicious! It feeds a crowd and is the perfect way to use up some zucchini. The cream cheese frosting on top is fabulous!
I can’t believe this is the first zucchini recipe I have posted so far this year! Last year, my Zucchini Cookies I posted went viral and is one of my favorite ways to use up some of the zucchini so make sure you try out that recipe too. I LOVE zucchini and I am sure those who grow it in your gardens are looking for new delicious ways to use it up :)
Whether you are looking for ways to use up your crop or just want a delicious dessert, you need to make this cake. It is unbelievably good!
It starts out with a super moist and wonderful cake and is topped with a perfect cream cheese frosting. The two paired together combine for one fantastic dessert.
I took this cake to a end of summer BBQ with my neighbors and there was NONE LEFT when I brought it home. It received compliments from every single person, that’s when you know you have got a keeper ;)
This cake would be one of the most popular recipes you will ever make for your friends and family. This is a must make zucchini recipe!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4⅓ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 15x10x1 inch baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, measure flour and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine butter, water, and shortening. Bring to a boil.
- Next add the flour/ sugar mixture and stir to combine.
- Add buttermilk, then baking soda, then eggs, then vanilla in that order, mixing in-between each addition.
- Stir in zucchini and cinnamon
- Pour into prepared cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- After cake has cooked cooled spread frosting evenly over the top of the cake.