My almost-3-year-old is an extreme busy-body and into EVERYTHING these days! I feel like I am under constant watch with this girl and chasing her around everywhere! There can’t be another child with this much energy out there, right?! ;)
With all this energy she expends running ramped through the house and outside, it is extremely important that she is eating healthy to keep up with her growing body. Every calorie counts at this age. Although I make a lot of sweets in my home, I don’t let my kids eat much of them. I want to make sure that what they are eating is going to benefit them. I stumbled upon this recipe from My Life in Food a little while ago, and my little girl LOVES it! These slushies are jam-packed with fruit and has no added sugar (minus a couple tablespoons of agave nectar for the entire recipe). I don’t mind her chowing down on one of these slushies in the least bit! Another great thing about this slushy is that all the ingredients are in season right now so it is the perfect time to make this recipe! Try it out, you are going to love it!
- 3 cups watermelon cubed and frozen
- 1 banana sliced and frozen
- 2 limes use juice and zest
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 cup water
- Add frozen cubed watermelon, frozen banana slices, zest and juice from 2 limes, agave nectar and water to blender. Blend until smooth. Add more water if needed to keep the mixture flowing.