Summer is drawing to an end and school will soon be starting back up, which means, if you are anything like my family, you are trying to cram in as many BBQs, family and friend gatherings, picnics and summer festivities as possible.
My mom made this pasta salad for our last get together and it was delicious. It is super simple to throw together and is a bright and colorful side dish to add to the table.
- 14.5 oz box bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 3 cups broccoli
- 2 cups cubed colby jack cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup cherry yellow tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced olives, drained
- ½ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 3 (0.7 oz) packages Italian dressing mix, I use Good Seasons Salad Dressing mix
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup vinegar
- In a lage salad bowl, combine cooked and drained pasta, cheese, bacon and veggies and toss.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Pour the Italian dressing over the top and chill for 1 hour. You can also use your favorite Italian dressing if you choose.