Veggie Bacon Pasta Salad
Summer is drawing to an end and school will soon be starting back up, which means, if you are anything like my family, you are trying to cram in as many BBQs, family and friend gatherings, picnics and summer festivities as possible.
My mom made this pasta salad for our last get together and it was delicious. It is super simple to throw together and is a bright and colorful side dish to add to the table.
- 14.5 oz box bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 3 cups broccoli
- 2 cups cubed colby jack cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup cherry yellow tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced olives, drained
- ½ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 3 (0.7 oz) packages Italian dressing mix, I use Good Seasons Salad Dressing mix
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup vinegar
- In a lage salad bowl, combine cooked and drained pasta, cheese, bacon and veggies and toss.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Pour the Italian dressing over the top and chill for 1 hour. You can also use your favorite Italian dressing if you choose.
Averie @ Averie Cooks
I love bow-tie pasta! It just tastes better :) This looks like a great pasta salad, love all the chunky veggies and texture! Pinned :)
Yum, that looks fabulous!! =)
peg kelly jackson
This sounds so good. I was wondering if you could put diced onions in it for more flavor.I will be making this for a family reunion
I made this but instead of yellow tomatoes I used yellow sweet peppers and I did add Vidalia onions (gotta have onions)
This looks yummy! Any idea on WW points per serving?
Is there any nutrition facts for this??
I would love to know the same thing!
My favorite pasta salad is tricolor rotini, grape tomatoes, green pepper, English cucumber, black olives, feta cheese, and Good Seasons garlic & herb dressing. I will need to try this recipe though for a change.
Hi. This salad sounds really good and I will try it soon. But I wondered is the broccoli raw or cooked?
Chef in Training
Try Balsamic Vinegar Dressing that is great also!
What kind of vinegar?
Yes I would like to know what kind of vinegar also.
Oh no I cooked broccoli ☹️ Will it be eatable now??
Leave a Comment