Turtle anything is a favorite of my family’s around the holidays. I mean, what is not to love about chocolate, caramel and pecans?!
My family is chock full chocolate addicts and what better way to indulge than in some rich and creamy fudge?!
This Turtle fudge is packed with chocolate, caramel and pecans! It is smooth and creamy, ooey gooey with just the right amount of crunch from the nuts!
I just discovered Peter’s Caramel within the last year and I can’t recommend it enough! I have seen it at most kitchen specialty stores. I buy it in the 5 lb block and actually grab a couple of them at a time. It is one thing I don’t want to run out of no matter the season. It melts so nicely- although I do add just a little bit of evaporated milk to help it keep a gooey consistency.
Fudge is such a delicious neighborhood gift idea and perfect during the holiday season!
- 14 oz caramel, I used Peter's caramel block but you can use Kraft caramels and prepare it with evaporated milk as directed on package.
- 1 Tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- Grease a 8x8 baking dish.
- Melt caramel and evaporated milk together in a microwave safe bowl, or according to package directions. Set aside.
- On stove top over medium heat, combine chocolate chips, sweetened conduced milk and salt. Heat until chocolate is melted stirring consistently.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Pour half of the fudge mixture in the pan.
- Pour the caramel over the fudge.
- Pour remaining half of fudge over the caramel, swirl gently with a knife.
- Cover and refrigerate until set.