Turkey Pesto Crepes
Remember when I posted this Crepe Recipe and told you I had some yummy crepe recipes coming up? Well here is the first one.
This recipe is based off one of my favorite crepes at my local crepery called “Pepe le Pesto” and let me tell you, the flavor is AMAZING!
Pesto, peppers, turkey and asiago cheese… thats the recipe for delicious my friends.
I used my FAVORITE recipe for CREPES, but you can use your own if you prefer.
- 1 crepe recipe (this is my favorite, but feel free to use your own)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1½ cups basil pesto
- 1 cup chopped turkey
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- Prepare crepes according to recipe.
- Fold crepe in half.
- Spread cheese over warm crepe. Spread enough pesto over crepe to cover. Sprinkle with turkey, tomatoes, and peppers in the center third of the folded crepe. Fold over the corners across to opposite sides to wrap up the crepe and form a triangle shape. This is my method for wrapping the crepes, you can also just roll all the ingredients up into the crepe for a simpler method.
Averie @ Averie Cooks
I love that you took crepes more savory...my brain only goes sweet :) So this is a nice change!
I almost never have pesto on hand. Like maybe once every two years do I have a bottle of pesto in the fridge. But now is one of those times, and I am so happy, because I can make this recipe! Totally adding it to the menu!
Yum! I bet this flavor combination would be fabulous as a quesadilla filling on flour tortillas. You know, when you're not in a mood to make crepes ;-)
Christina @ Eatwell 101
These crepes are totally surprising me, I would never have though of pesto! And the savory twist make them perfect for my lunch bag!
Heather - Butter&Burlap
Yum! I'm obsessed with this concept. What a lighter and creative version as opposed to always having a sandwich. I have to admit, I'm a bit intimidated by the thought of making crepes at home, is it difficult?
These combine like 5 of my favorite foods, I'm so excited to try them! Can't wait for more crepe recipes too!
any ideas for good substitutions for the peppers and tomatoes that would still go well w the pesto? My kids and I don't like. Also, what kind of turkey? Would chopped boars head sandwich meat work here?
Leave a Comment