Life feels a little like its in overdrive right now. Going faster than I can almost keep up with. Do you ever feel like that? There are days I am literally living in my car between all the errands and activities I am taxiing people to. Some days, I am lucky if dinner makes it to the table. Take out has been a good friend all to often this winter season ;)
That is why quick and easy dinners are my best friend. And when those quick and easy dinners are approved by my family members, it is a glorious day.
My husband LOVES tacos. Taco Tuesdays were a regular tradition for most of his life.
I love casseroles. I like the simplicity of layering ingredients for one pan of deliciousness that my whole family enjoys.
So as you can imagine, this recipe was a home run for everyone in the family!
Layers of chips, ground beef, beans, cheese and a plethora of yummy toppings, how can one go wrong?!
If you are in need for a QUICK, easy and tasty meal, give this a try!
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped bell pepper
- ⅓ cup taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans, or you can use 16 oz. of my prepared homemade refried beans
- 1½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sliced olives, sour cream, avocados and salsa.
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion and green pepper until meat is done. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning and water. Cook about 3 minutes until it thickens. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place chips in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Evenly drop spoonfuls of beans over the chips and carefully spread beans over chips.
- Spoon ground beef mixture over beans and top with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, sour cream and salsa.