I got this recipe from a neighbor of my mom’s. It is delicious! If you are looking for a yummy breakfast for your guests, this would be a great one to serve!
Overnight Stuffed French Toast
- 1 loaf french bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1½ Tbsp. dark corn syrup
- ⅔ cup pecans, chopped
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Fill pan with bread slices two layers deep.
- Blend eggs, milk, half-and-half, vanilla, and spices.
- Pour over bread and refrigerate, covered overnight.
- Make topping by combining all ingredients.
- Just before baking, top bread mixture with topping.
- Cook at 350 F for 50 minutes or until puffed and golden. You can top with Whipped Cream if you would like!