Strawberry Cake Cookies
Cookies are ALWAYS one of my go to desserts. They are easy and one batch makes a lot.
With my next batch of cookies, I wanted to do something fun for the spring and summer weather and decided strawberry is always a great direction to go. Because really, don’t strawberries just scream summer?!
These cookies are so soft and the flavor is super fun and festive for the warmer weather.
Bonus… they are SO easy! They are made using a cake mix and whip up super quickly.
The frosting is a cream cheese and buttercream fusion and is so creamy spread upon the tops of these. It adds such a great competent to the cookies. Top off with a fresh sliced strawberry, and you have one color popping, eye catching, tummy pleasing treat!
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ oil
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Sliced strawberries and pearl sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl add cake mix, eggs, and oil. Beat until just combined. Add chocolate chips and stir in to combine. (Batter may be slightly sticky).
- Drop dough by small spoonfuls onto cookie sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 7 to 8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat until creamy.
- Spread over cooled cookies.
- Garnish with strawberries and sprinkles.
Averie @ Averie Cooks
They're gorgeous! I love strawberry cake mix cookies and they bring back fond memories of a first day of school treat I made my daughter years ago and she loves them, too, and still requests them :) Pinned!!
Your strawberry cookies look great. I think the kids will like this one so I will have to try this.
These were easy for me to make with my 3 year old, and came out delicious! Thank you for the recipe!
Leave a Comment