This Spinach Sun Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken is loaded with flavor. The spinach and sun dried tomatoes pair perfectly together with the cream cheese filling. This chicken tastes restaurant quality and will quickly soar to a new family favorite!
I can’t wait to share toddy’s recipe with you. If you love chicken and delicious and bold flavors, you are going to go crazy over this dish!
Growing up, my favorite after-school-snack was a bowl of sautéed spinach paired with oven cooked sun dried tomatoes with a little salt. It is so healthy and the flavor brings me so much joy. When preparing dinner recently, the thought of this favorite past time snack came to mind and I decided to base my whole dish around it.
I love stuffed chicken recipes and this one is one of the best I have had. Cream cheese, sun dried tomatoes and basil come together to bring one flavor packed filling that will grinning from ear to ear :) The sauce is so creamy and adds so much to the meal as it enhances the flavor. This was definitely a restaurant quality meal made right in my own kitchen. Everyone gave it the stamp of approval and can’t wait until I make it again!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, filleted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 teaspoons basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sun dried tomatoes, spinach and salt and mix well.
- Stuff cream cheese mixture into each chicken and place in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes until chicken is done.
- While chicken is cooking, place butter in a large skillet and melt butter. Add flour and cook for 1 minute over medium high heat.
- Add cream, half and half, basil, salt, pepper and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med and cook for 5 minutes stiring constantly.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
- I garnished my chicken with a little bit of feta and parsley.