These Jalapeño Popper Potato Skins are a fabulous appetizer or side dish. It is jam packed with flavor with the perfect amount of heat and cool. These are a hit wherever and whenever they are served!
I love recipes that can be universally served for different occasions. This is one of those. These Jalapeño Popper Potato Skins make for a delicious appetizer or tasty side dish.
I am always looking for ways to jazz up my vegetables and this recipe was a winner for my whole family. I love how the crisp potato skins pair with the creamy and cheesy filling.
Let’s talk about that filling for a second though. It is loaded with flavor. The kick of heat from the jalapeños pairs wonderfully with the cool and creamy cream cheese. It is a fantastic balance of flavors. It is topped with cheese and bacon and lets be honest… bacon makes everything better!
These would be a perfect addition to a get together or a perfect accompaniment to your dinner table!
- 5 medium potatoes
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 Tablespoons chopped jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup cooked and chopped bacon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash potatoes and poke them with a fork a few times.
- Place in oven, (not covered with foil) and bake at 450 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender to squeeze. (Baking time will depend on the size of your potato)
- Let cool for 30 minutes
- Slice the potatoes in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out the inside of the potatoes about ¼ an in to the skin. (You can use the inside of your potatoes for some yummy mashed potatoes)
- Generously salt and pepper the inside of your potato skins and set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add jalapeons and salt and mix again.
- Divide and spoon cream cheese mixture into your potato skins evenly.
- Spinkle cheese over the cream cheese.
- Top with bacon and bake for 10 minutes until warm.