This Spinach Mushroom Stuffed Alfredo Chicken is a keeper. It is loaded with flavor and incredible ingredients and will become a new dinner staple.
With this pregnancy I have mostly been craving sweets. All things sweets. I have to really think about eating salty things so when I do sit down to a savory meal, I want it to be one I know I will eat. That list of meals has included mostly margarita pizza and all things alfredo.
I love the spinach, mushroom, chicken, alfredo combo as you can tell by several recipes on my blog. I thought a yummy stuffed chicken was the perfect switch up to my favorite roll ups.
This meal had every single person in my family grinning from ear to ear. My husband kept saying how it was better than anything he had ever had at an Italian restaurant. Trust me, if you are looking for a dinner that will impress, this is your recipe! It is beyond yummy and has a wonderful list of ingredients. Try it! You will not be disappointed!
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and mushrooms and sauté on medium high until mushrooms are tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Slice chicken lengthwise about ¾ of the way through, creating a pocket to stuff the chicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt and spinach. Carefully mix in 1 cup of the cooled mushrooms.
- Stuff spinach mixture into each of the pieces of chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet heat, ¼ cup olive oil to medium high and add chicken. Brown chicken for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place chicken in a 9x13 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F for about 35- 45 minutes until chicken is done. The baking time will depend on the size of your chicken breasts.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt butter. Add garlic, cream, pepper, and salt.
- Bring to a low boil and reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and slowly add cheese.
- Return to stove on low and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- When chicken is done, remove chicken from baking dish and pour out all the juices remaining in the dish. Return chicken to baking dish. Pour sauce over the chicken and top with the remaining mushrooms. Sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan Cheese. Return to the oven for 5 minutes. Serve.