S’more Rice Krispie Muddy Buddies
I am so excited to introduce Chef in Training’s newest contributor, Julianne! She will be posting once a month and has some great desserts lined up for you starting with today’s amazing recipe… S’more Rice Krispie Muddy Buddies!
Hey there, I am Julianne from Beyond Frosting. I blog about desserts and I love all things sweet; especially cupcakes! I am so excited to be sharing a recipe today over here at Chef-in-Training.
Every young girl knows how much fun it is to have your friend over for a sleepover. My friends and I loved playing in the kitchen and making jewelry. We loaded ourselves full of sugary snacks and chips and obsessed over boy bands. One of my favorite sleepover snacks to make was Muddy Buddies. I have a few versions of my own Muddy Buddies including a Samoa mix and a cookie dough mix as well.
So I thought, why not combine my love for Rice Krispie Treats and my love of Muddy Buddies. This snack has two types of cereal, marshmallow and chocolate. These Muddy Buddies are coated in a mixture of graham crackers and powdered sugar. Every bite has chocolate and is chewy like a Rice Krispie Treat.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 5 cups Chocolate Chex cereal
- 4 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 6 cups marshmallows
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- Take one package of graham crackers and grind into a fine crumb with a food processor. Combine crumbs with powdered sugar in a large Ziploc bag.
- In an extra large bowl, combine Chocolate Chex cereal and Rice Krispie Cereal, mix together.
- Combine butter, marshmallows and chocolate chips in a non-stick medium size pot. Melt over medium heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Pour melted marshmallow mixture over cereal and stir carefully until cereal is coated.
- Pour chocolate-coated cereal in a Ziploc bag with the powdered sugar. Seal the bag and shake vigorously to coat the cereal.
- Empty cereal onto a rimmed cookie sheet and allow to cool.
This recipe was created by Julianne at Beyond Frosting:
You can find Beyond Frosting at:
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Bloglovin | Google+
Chloe @ foodlikecake
I've never had muddy buddy's but now I'm going to have to make these!
Averie @ Averie Cooks
I love smores. And RKTreats. And Muddy Buddies. A trifecta of awesomeness. Pinned
Emily @ Life on Food
Super duper muddy buddy's! This little - big combination is amazing!
Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures
As soon as I saw the name, I knew this was going to be a good recipe!
OMG This looks AMAZING!!!! I have not decided if I love you for introducing this to me, or if my thighs hate you for introducing this to them lol. I pinned for latter, and will let you know :)
Leave a Comment