A delicious battered chicken recipe with a slight kick from Chipotle seasoning and cool flavor from the ranch! This flavor combo is unbelievable and that sauce is outstanding!
I don’t even know how I am functioning these days. May/the first week of June is such a hectic time, as I am sure it is for most of us. School wraps up and comes to an end, as do most of our kids extra curricular activities like sports, dance- you name it. And they all seem to appear back to back. Now, throw in the fact my parents are FINALLY, after 20 years, re-carpeting their entire house and I happily volunteered to help my mom paint almost the entire thing before that gorgeous new carpet is installed at their house. My body and mind are absolutely fried! I was talking to my aunt who is a supermom of 6 about it yesterday and she said, “Oh I can attest, May is actually the most crazy month of the year! It trumps Christmas time!” I have to say that I whole heartedly agree! haha!
I tell you the craziness of my life just to show you that dinner time needs to be quick and easy to fit into that schedule as of lately. This recipe was actually created by my mom a while back and I have since made it quite a few times just because I love it so much!
This meal has quickly soared to one of my TOP 5 DINNER RECIPES OF ALL TIME!
Everyone who tried this recipe could not rave higher about it! That sauce is the stuff of legends! I seriously could not stop eating it by the spoonful.
If you need a tasty new dinner idea that is also fast and easy, give this one a go! It is ready in about 40 minutes and is seriously TO DIE FOR!
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package ranch dressing mix, dry
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2½ cups milk
- ½ cup chopped chipotles, I use La Costena in adobe sauce
- 1 chicken bullion cube, crushed
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- bacon for garnish
- cilantro for garnish
- Mix ranch and flour together on a large plate and set aside
- Mix eggs, garlic, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil to med high heat.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture. Be sure to coat well. Then dip it again in the ranch/ flour mixture and then place it in the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes on each side. Lower the stovetop heat to medium and cook chicken for another ten minutes until it is done and cooked through, flipping again half way through.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Lightly wipe out the skillet and melt the butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the cream and milk. Stir until smooth. Bring to a boil and then add the chipotles, the crushed bullion cube, the ranch dressing mix, corn and the beans. Cook for 2 minutes on low stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken back to the gravy and garnish with bacon and cilantro.