Cookie. Caramel. Chocolate. Toasted Coconut. Is there any better combo?! In my world, I am going to have to go with a big fat NO on that one.
Sometimes, I make a recipe that even I have a hard time saying no to or stopping at just one serving. This is one of those recipes. These truffles are seriously DIVINE! SO simple… as in 5 ingredients… and they are beyond delicious.
Golden Oreos combine with cream cheese and caramel to form the most gooey tasty center, coated in chocolate and topped with toasted coconut, these truffles have it all.
Good luck stopping at just one. I dare you! :)
- 1 (14.3 oz) package Golden Oreos
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup caramel topping
- 10 oz. chocolate candy coating
- ¼ cup toasted coconut
- Finely crush oreos in a food processor and place fine crumbs in a medium bowl.
- Add softened cream cheese and caramel topping to bowl. With hands (or a spoon, I just think hands are faster), mash softened cream cheese, caramel and crushed Oreos until well combined.
- Roll into 1" balls and place on a wax covered cookie sheet. Put in freezer for 15 minutes.
- While balls are in freezer, melt chocolate according to directions.
- Pull the truffles out of freezer, and dip into chocolate one at a time. Try to remove as much excess chocolate as possible. Place back on wax paper on cookie sheet.
- Immediately after placing chocolate dipped truffle on wax paper, garnish tops with toasted coconut before the chocolate sets up.
- Let chocolate set, refrigerate and enjoy!