I have had such an amazing weekend. My beautiful cousin got married on Saturday and there is just something about weddings that brings out the sappy emotional side of me. I seriously bawl like a baby during the ceremony, the daddy-daughter dances, the couple dance and watching the couple leave the reception. It takes me back to my wedding day 5 and a half years ago. We look like babies then, but its amazing how much we have grown together as a couple :) I just love my husband. (Still on my sappy roller coaster lol!).
(these pictures of me and my husband were taken by Gallery Photography. If you are a Utah Bride, you should definitely check him out! We loved our pictures!)
It was also so great because ALL of my family came into town for it. I love my extended family, they are seriously my best best friends! My amazing aunt came and stayed with me for a few nights and helped me transform my family room on a budget. I just had so much brown, black and neutral colors and really needed to bring in some pops of colors- so she so kindly helped me get the ball rolling on that. She has an eye for these kinds of things. I am definitely not as big of a crafter as I would like to be lol! My cute grandparents also came into to town for it. Now, when my mom’s family gets together, there is ALWAYS great food to be found. We ate like kinds and queens this weekend.
My grandma has been making these veggie bars since I can remember. She has bookmarked them as a favorite in her recipe book and it is one recipe I throughly enjoy! I actually enjoy eating some veggies ;-)
This recipe combines veggies and veggie dip and transforms it into a delicious pizza. It is ridiculously delicious! Try it out and see for yourself!
- 2 (8 oz.) tubes Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. ranch dressing mix, dry
- 1 cup cauliflower, finely chopped, I use my food processor
- 1 cup broccoli, finely chopped, I use my food processor
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 8 oz. grated colby cheese, optional
- Spread rolls onto 8x15 inch jelly roll pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Mix softened cream cheese, mayonnaise and Ranch dressing mix in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
- Sprinkle veggies evenly over top.
- Next sprinkle grated cheese over top if desired.
- Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars and serve.