Fall is by far my favorite time to be in the kitchen. The weather cools down, making it perfect to cook/bake food that warms your soul! I am a HUGE pumpkin fan! Pumpkin cookies are one of my absolute favorite cookies!
Don’t they look delicious?!
I made these at my in-laws house on sunday…and I kid you not, In a matter of 5 minutes of walking in the door from church,they were ALL gone!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, I used it from the can. Just make sure its NOT the pumpkin PIE filling :)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- chocolate chips
- Cream shortening, sugar, and pumpkin.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and mix.
- Mix in desired amount of chocolate chips.
- Drop from spoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.