Orange Dreamsicles are magical. Really. The right combo of fruity and creamy.
These cookies capture the subtle flavors of orange dreamsicle perfectly into each and every bite! They are adapted from my Lemon Cookies (a huge hit and a definite must-try recipe if you haven’t already). They are chewy, soft and exceptionally easy to make.
The Cream Frosting is the perfect topping to these cookies. It is light and creamy, just as it needs to be to compliment the orange cookies. If you love orange rolls, you will absolutely adore these cookies!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl cream butter and sugar together. Add egg and beat in well. Add orange zest, orange extract and vanilla and mix until well blended. Add salt, baking powder and flour and mix until well combined.
- Roll cookies into 1 inch balls and place on greased cooking sheet. Space balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 7-9 minutes or until lightly golden on edges of cookies.
- Combine powdered sugar, whipping cream, salt and orange extract in a medium bowl and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spread frosting over the top of cooled cookies.
- If you would like, garnish cookies with orange zest.