Calling all orange dreamsicle fans out there… this recipe is for you!
Since creating this recipe, this bread has been made a handful of additional times since.
When a food blogger tells you a recipe has been made over and over again… take note. That is kind of a big deal. Because usually, if we are going to spend our efforts cooking or creating, it might as well be working towards a new recipe to put on the blog. However, when one is as yummy as this one, you will look for any excuse to make it again and again.
This bread is heavenly! Delicious orange flavor paired with a cream cheese filling and creamy frosting- it is truly a must make recipe!
Orange Dreamsicle Bread
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 teaspoons orange extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- orange food coloring optional
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup butter softned
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 3 (8x4 inch) loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat oil, eggs, milk, sugar, orange juice and orange extract until smooth.
- Add in flour, salt and baking powder and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in orange food coloring a drop at a time until desired orange color is reached. You can omit the food coloring if you want to, it just makes the bread appear orange like traditional orange dreamsicles.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and flour.
- Fill loaf pans each with 1/6 of the batter.
- Spoon 1/3 of the cream cheese filling onto the top of each loaf pan. Swirl in cream cheese filling by cutting it in with a knife.
- Pour 1/3 of the remaining batter onto the tops of each loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cream butter in a medium bowl. Add in powdered sugar, orange extract and heavy whipping cream. Beat until smooth.
- Frost the tops of each cooled loaf.