I got this recipe out of a Taste of Homes magazine. Occasionally, my husband and I enjoy “breakfast for dinner”and this is a nutritious way to go about it.
This recipe is packed full of fiber, protein and fruit.
Oat Bran Pancakes
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup oat bran
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 2 cups strawberries diced
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients serperately.
- When ready to cook, add the wet ingredient bowl to the dry ingredient bowl until dry mixture is covered...DON'T OVER MIX!
- After that is done, fold in the blueberries.
- Cook pancakes on griddle.
- Combine diced strawberries and syrup in a medium pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice and cornstarch, then add to the strawberry mixture.
- Cook at medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- You can serve strawberry sauce hot or cold. I coated my pancakes with the strawberry sauce, vanilla yogurt and more blueberries!
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 431mg | Potassium: 407mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 281IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 198mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Tag @nikki_chefintraining in your picture on Instagram so we can see what you have been up to in your kitchen!