I am officially back as of today. Sorry for the unexpected leave for the weekend. I have been having the time of my life at EVO Blog Conference this week! I cannot wait to share all my fun adventures with you (because believe me, I have plenty to tell :) For those following me on Instagram (nikk_chefintraining) you may have seen some of the fun highlights. I would love for you to come join me on Instagram! It is such a fun way to stay connected!
Today, I am going to share with you a simple yet delicious creation.
Sometimes, I open my pantry and cupboards and just let the food pop out at me. I will sit and stare until I know what the star will be in the recipe I want to cook/bake. On this particular day, it was the beloved Nutella. I find this particular ingredient pops out at me most often… anyone else have this problem?! And yes, in case you were wondering… I do keep a food storage supply of it :)
- 1 pkg puff pastry, thawed to room temperature
- 1 (8 oz) tub cool whip, thawed to room temperature
- ¾ cup Nutella
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 bananas, sliced thinly
- whipped cream
- Each package of Puff Pastry comes with two sheets. Cut each sheet into thirds and then thirds again, creating nine equal squares.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until golden in color.
- While the puff pastries are cooling, in a medium bowl, combine cool whip, Nutella, and powdered sugar and stir or beat until well blended. Cover and place in the fridge for about 20 minutes. If it needs to be thicker, add a little more powdered sugar until reaches desired consistency.
- Once pastries are cooled completely and the Nutella filling has set up a bit, spread some onto the flat side 9 of the puff pastry squares. Place a layer of sliced bananas and top with another square of puff pastry. Serve immediately. I like to top mine with whipped cream and some bananas for a pretty garnish.