Mexican Street Corn Salad
This Mexican Street Corn Salad is such a delicious and flavorful side dish that is jam packed with healthy, fresh and tasty ingredients.
I love fresh produce and right now there is locally grown corn being sold in markets just about everywhere where I live. Corn is my kids’ favorite vegetable and I can always count on them eating it as a side whenever I make it. We are buying it regularly at our house and I am always looking for ways to change up the flavor or presentation.
Mexican Street Corn is a favorite of mine but I decided I wanted to try a salad version. I was so excited about this idea, I started googling to see what had been done and came across this recipe from Little Spice Jar and knew those were the ingredients I wanted. If you haven’t checked out her incredible blog yet, make sure you do! Her photography and recipes are outstanding!
But back to this Mexican Street Corn Salad… it truly is AMAZING! Trust me, you NEED to make this recipe!
This side dish is perfect for any occasion and will be a favorite by all who try it!
- 3 cups roasted or grilled corn
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup avocado, cut into small cubes
- 1 Tablespoon fresh jalapeno, finely diced and seeds removed
- 3 Tablespoons chopped red onion
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup to ¾ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well. Pour over salad and gently toss.
- Serve room temperature or refrigerated, whichever preferred.
This looks delicious! How many does this serve? Thanks!
I have not had a chance yet to make this recipe but I just had to say that your pictures of it are outstanding! I soooo want to make this A.S.A.P! I am just in the process of starting my own blog and realize that it is really all about the pictures. You are a great role model!
I made this Saturday night for my son's birthday party Sunday. It was a huge hit. Everyone loved. I personally hate corn and beans so I did not try it but I am glad I made it! I had quite a few people ask me for the recipe!
Leave a Comment