This Lime Sherbet Dessert is cool and refreshing. It has the most delicious soft cookie crust and is topped with sherbet and a homemade whipped topping. This dessert is perfect for a warm day!
This pregnancy has been going by in warp speed and it makes me so sad because it is my last. I tell everyone I know, and 90% think I am crazy, but pregnancy is one of my absolute favorite things in the world. I adore every part, the good and the bad. Every time I feel this baby girl kick, my heart skips a beat and I fall more and more in love with her. My entire family is highly anticipating the next 3 months when she will make her arrival, but I am just trying to soak in every second.
As you know, this pregnancy I am craving SWEETS. All things sweets. I am so obsessed with frozen desserts. I love how easy and refreshing they are. This Lime Sherbet Dessert is no exception. It is an adaption to the Orange Sherbet Dessert that is already on my blog. The cookie crust is my absolute FAVORITE part of the dessert. It is soft and truly delicious.
This dessert would be perfect on a warm and hot day. It is perfect for BBQs, potlucks or whenever you have a get together. It whips up in minutes and the longest part is just freezing it in the freezer. Really. This is a low hassle dessert that tastes like you spent forever in the kitchen.
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 11 oz. box Nilla Wafer Cookies, finely crushed
- 1.5 quart lime sherbet, softened
- Beat the whipping cream with the sugar and vanilla until fairly stiff.
- In medium bowl, combine 1 cup of the whipped whipping cream with the crushed Nilla Wafers, reserving 1 cup of the Nilla Wafer crumbs for the topping.
- Grease the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass pan and press the cookie crust mixture on the bottom.
- Spread softened sherbet over the top evenly.
- Spread remaining whipped whipped cream over sherbet.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs over the top and freeze.
- Let set in freezer at least 3 hours before serving.