This dip is a mixture of sweet and savory and the end result is absolutely DIVINE! This has so many delicious ingredients that combine to make one unforgettable bite each and every time!
The New Year is right around the corner. Every new year, rather than set a bunch of goals I either am going to forget about or neglect, I pick a word of the year. A word I want to work on and improve upon for that year. I find this easier for me to remember and actually do. My word for 2015 was “patience”. Patience in all things. It has been challenging but it is fun to look back and see what areas I have changed and what areas still need some fine tuning ;) I am not quite sure what my word of 2016 will be yet, but I definitely have a few in mind.
Another reason I look forward to the New Year is the New Years Eve party. As far as parties of the year are concerned, this is definitely one of my favorites! My husband and I adore dips and we love an excuse to throw a party to serve an array of dips.
This dip is actually kind of special to me. The idea sprung from one of my favorite appetizers, Cranberry Baked Brie that I have here on the blog. Brown sugar, pecans and craisins. Only since I am not dealing with brie cheese, I wanted to give those ingredients a new spin.
This dip is both sweet and savory. Aside from the brown sugar and sugared pecans, it has green onions and white cheddar cheese. Now before you go thinking you don’t understand how those ingredients could work together, throw that thought out all together. This dip is actually the product of one of my mom’s brilliant creations. I too had those same thoughts, but boy was I wrong and I am so glad I was.
The green onion and white cheddar cheese truly compliment all the other ingredients and help bring to life this dip. It is served how and each bite becomes as unforgettable as the last. You won’t want to stop!
If you are looking for that perfect, unique dip, give this a try!
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup craisins
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup grated white cheddar
- ⅛ cup brown sugar to sprinkle over the top.
- ¼ cup candied pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl combine cream cheese and brown sugar and beat until smooth. Stir in Craisins, green onions and white cheddar cheese. Pour into a small cast iron skillet or an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes and then remove from oven. Sprinkle with brown sugar and return to the oven for 15 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with sugared pecans and serve with your favorite savory crackers.