My daughter’s favorite dinner of all time is spaghetti. It has been the one thing I can always count on her to eat since she could basically handle solids. She slurps down those noodles almost faster than they hit the table… If only I were kidding :) Here she is 3.5 years ago… luckily, she has become a much neater eater since then ;)
Homemade Spaghetti sauce is SO amazing. Really. You can get the flavor exactly how you want to. Not only is it so flavorful and delicious, but it is super easy to throw together. We love the addition of ground beef, it helps to make the spaghetti dinner feel more like a full meal.
Give this recipe a try the next time spaghetti is on your menu! It is the perfect way to jazz and change things up! Once you try this recipe, it will be hard to pop open a jar again!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ¾ cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (15 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Brown ground beef in a large pot until cooked through and juices run clear. Drain then put back on stove top on medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti noodles.