This Grilled Lemon Herb Chicken is unbelievably good! The marinade is absolutely amazing and the chicken is beyond flavorful and juicy!
I love summertime! One reason in particular, is that we use our grill a lot more than normal. Grilling is one of my personal favorite ways to cook food. The recipe I am sharing with you today is nothing short of amazing.
For Father’s Day this year, we had dinner at my parent’s house. My mom has been raving about this Lemon Chicken that her neighbor/our close family friend gave to her. She told me that EVERY time she makes it for company, that without fail, someone asks for the recipe. It definitely lived up to its hype! This chicken is fantastic and full of flavor, and best of all, SO EASY to make! The marinade takes minutes to throw together and then the chicken just gets to sit and absorb all its goodness for a few hours. The lemon adds a freshness and is the perfect way to kick off summer. Trust me, you are going to want this to make your dinner menu asap! :)
- 4 medium lemons, cut into wedges
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh minced thyme
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 tsp. fresh minced basil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Gently squeeze lemons into a large ziplock bag, leaving lemon wedges in the bag.
- Add minced garlic cloves, fresh thyme, cayenne pepper, vegetable oil, fresh minced basil and salt to ziplock bag then zip to seal bag & shake.
- Add chicken to ziplock bag & turn to coat.
- Seal bag & fridge for 24 hrs. (or overnight) turning frequently.
- Remove chicken and grill over medium heat until juices run clear.