Casserole season is here and I couldn’t be happier! I LOVE casseroles! They are simple, quick and packed with yummy ingredients. Whatever the reason for your busy schedule, casseroles have been there for me to save dinner on more than one occasion :)
Growing up, my mom would make this casserole for us all the time. It is packed with flavor and delicious ingredients. The ground beef adds some heartiness to the meal.
I am obsessed with feta and love how it compliments the Greek seasonings of the dish.
This Greek Pasta Casserole is filling and tasty. It will quickly become a family favorite just as it has for us.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb. rigatoni pasta, cooked according to package directions and drain water
- 1 cup feta cheese
- In a large pot, brown ground beef until cooked through and juiced run clear.
- Add onion, garlic, oregano, basil, pepper and thyme. Cook over medium heat for two minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, lemon juice and sugar and stir in. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and ¾ cup feta cheese.
- Place in a 9x13 inch casserole dish and garnish with ¼ cup feta cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.