This Garlic Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese takes a classic favorite and spins it with a light kick of flavor and heat. This recipe makes for a wonderful side dish or meal all unto itself. It is topped with bacon for an added enjoyable ingredient. This is sure to become a new staple in your home!
Mac and Cheese is a classic favorite amongst many. Seriously though, what is not to love about cheese, cheese, noodles, and more cheesy goodness!
This Garlic Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese jazzes up the classic and gives it a slight kick of heat and brings about a bolder flavor. It was loved by all who tried it in my home. It is garnished with bacon and lets face it, there is very few things bacon can’t take to the next level.
WHAT IS IN PEPPER JACK CHEESE:
Pepper Jack cheese is in the family of Monterey Jack cheese but has been flavored with different ingredients and spices to give it an added kick. It contains sweet peppers, habanero chiles, jalapeños, garlic and various herbs.
This Garlic Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese is the perfect new addition for the dinner table. It is a side dish or a main dish that will wow all who try it! If you are looking for that show stopper recipe to add to your holiday menu or even your every day menu, give this one a try! It does not disappoint!
- 1 box elbow macaroni noodles, cooked and drained
- ½ cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup flour
- 3½ cups milk
- ½ cup half and half
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups Pepper jack cheese, divided
- ¾ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large cooking pot, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and Sautee for 1 minute.
- Add flour and cook for another minute.
- Add milk and half and half, stir until smooth.
- Add cream cheese, salt and pepper. Cook until smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in 2 cups Pepper jack cheese and ⅓ cup bacon. Stir until smooth.
- Add noodles to pot. Stir until well blended.
- Pour mac and cheese into the baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and mac and cheese it hot all the way through.
- Serve immediately.