Frito Salad is a recipe I grew up with at pot locks, picnics and family get togethers. It is SO simple and yet SO delicious!
It is always one of the first things to disappear from the table.
Each ingredient really provides this recipe with so much flavor and texture, it is no wonder it is a hit wherever it goes.
- 16 ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4.25 ounce can sliced olives
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 2 green onions diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2½ cups Mexican cheese blend
- 18 ounce bag of Fritos
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 16 ounce Catalina dressing
- In a very large bowl combine, kidney beans, pinto beans, tomatoes, olives, pepper, green onions, celery, and cheese and mix well. Add Fritos and taco seasoning and mix well. Add ⅔ of Catalina dressing and toss with the Frito mixture. Add more dressing if desired.