Christmas is 10 days away. 10 days. Does any one else feel like last Christmas was just barely?! I can’t even believe the holidays are here and the end of the year is approaching! CRAZY!
Want to know what else is crazy?! These cookies. As in, CRAZY GOOD!
Lets talk eggnog for a minute. I feel like you either love it or you hate it.
Me? Well when it comes to drinking it- lets just say I am not a big fan. But when it comes to baking with it, well I LOVE the flavor it adds. Is that super weird?
These cookies have eggnog baked into the cookie and mixed in with the frosting, making them burst with holiday flavor in each and every bite! If you are looking for a great holiday cookie to share, this would be a fantastic one to try! If you love eggnog, or maybe you are like me and just like to bake with eggnog, then you are definitely going to want to give these delicious Eggnog Cookies a go!
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons eggnog add more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, eggnog and vanilla, continue beating until creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Beat on medium until well combined.
- Roll into one inch balls and place two inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cream butter until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and beat until combined. Add eggnog, nutmeg and cinnamon. Beat for 3 minutes until smooth.
- Frost cooled cookies and sprinkle nutmeg over the frosting in desired.