This can also be referred to as a chocolate trifle, but to my mom and me… it is better known as, “Died and Gone to Heaven.”
This dessert is WONDERFUL! It whips up pretty easy and everyone who eats it will think you spent forever making it! It truly tastes like heaven!
DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN TRIFLE
a.k.a. Chocolate Trifle
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1⅓ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 (3.9 oz) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- ½ cup water
- 1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool whip, can use real sweetened whip cream if preferred
- 1 (12 oz.) container Cool Whip, can use real sweetened whip cream if preferred
- 3 Heath candy bars, crushed
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend well.
- Add salt, cocoa, and flour. Don't over-beat.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until done. Cool completely.
- Once brownies are cooled completely cut into 1 inch squares.
- In a large bowl, mix chocolate pudding mix, water, and sweetened condensed milk. Fold in 8 oz. container of cool whip until there are no streaks remaining.
- half of brownies squares
- half of pudding mixture
- half of 12 ounce container Cool whip
- remaining brownie squares
- remaining pudding mixture
- remaining Cool whip
- Top with 3 crushed Heath candy Bars
- Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.