Sometimes experiments in the kitchen turn out to be DELICIOUS meals and new family favorites, this is one of those.
A couple weeks ago, I entered the kitchen knowing an outline of what I wanted to make. I wanted a slow cooker meal and I wanted Mexican. After looking into my pantry, I picked out some ingredients I knew would compliment each other well.
This recipe is so flexible… you can shred it and use it in any mexican dish or top it with cheese and some baked tortilla strips (which is what I did) and you have a delicious dinner. My picky eaters loved this one as well!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- baked tortilla strips
- sour cream
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine green chile enchilada sauce, cream of chicken soup and green chilies. Pour over chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours or until chicken is done.
- Top with desired toppings or shred to use in another meal.
- To make baked tortilla strips I just sliced up some flour tortillas and spayed lightly with cooking spray. Broil for a couple minutes until golden brown.