These Crispy Chicken Tacos are so simple to make. They are drizzled with a delicious homemade Avocado Dressing that helps make this recipe taste outstanding! It is perfect for lunch and/or dinner and will become a new favorite.
I am all about quick and easy meals lately. Recipes I can start ahead of time, forget about until dinner time and is ready in less than 30 minutes once I start. Life is crazy between kids in school, a little baby, extra curricular activities and homework. Dinner needs to be thrown together fast. The thing I love about this recipe is I start it while the kids are at school. I throw the chicken in the fridge to marinate while they are gone and quickly whip it up when dinner time rolls around.
The Avocado Dressing helps make this recipe DELICIOUS! My whole family loves these tacos. They are going to become a staple in my home.
- 1½ cup buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders
- Oil for cooking chicken
- 3 cups flour
- 3½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- street taco tortillas, (I use flour)
- In a glass bowl, add marinade ingredient with the exception of the chicken and mix well.
- Place chicken in a large ziplock back. Add the buttermilk mixture to the bag, seal and shake or move contents around to make sure to cover all the chicken with the marinade. Refrigerate for it least four hours or overnight.
- Heat a large skillet with enough oil to cover the bottom ½ inch over medium high heat.
- In another glass bowl, add flour, 3½ teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix well.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture and dredge in flour mixture.
- Place in hot skillet and cook on each side for 3 minutes on medium high.
- Turn the heat down and cook for 5 more minutes or until chicken tenders are done.
- Remove from skillet and drain on plate with a paper towel under the chicken.
- Using street corn or flour tortillas or taco shells, place a piece or two of fried chicken. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and Avocado Dressing. Feel free to use any toppings you desire.