These Creamy Italian Sausage Scalloped Potatoes are full of flavor and taste insanely delicious! These would make a great side dish for almost any occasion. They are a huge crowd pleaser and a favorite around the dinner table!
Thanksgiving is almost here and I am so excited about it. Every year we get together with all my extended family and it is an absolute blast. From the food to the company, Thanksgiving easily makes my top three favorite holidays.
My family’s Thanksgiving menu is always one for the books. We have all the traditional items and side dishes you could imagine, including the most delicious turkey that my uncle makes, my sweet potato casserole that I always bring, creamy green beans, mashed potatoes, the best ever dinner rolls and way to many more sides to mention. Half the people in my extended family don’t really care for turkey for some reason so along side the huge turkey we also serve ribs. And now this year, we are adding the most incredible brisket EVER to the line up! My dad got a Traeger Grill this year and has been perfecting his brisket recipe. I am not a meat lover by nature, but this brisket can have me make the haul of the long round trip to my parents house every single time he makes it. I am SO SO SO excited!
We are always looking for great additions to the menu seeing as we always have over 40 people in attendance. Lots of food is a must for that many people. These potatoes were a pleasant surprise while experimenting in the kitchen and received rave reviews from everyone who tried them! I can’t wait to make them again!
If you love sausage, creamy sauce and potatoes- let this be your next side dish you whip up! This recipe is FABULOUS!
- 5 medium potatoes, thinly sliced (I leave the skin on, but that is optional)
- 1 pound ground sausage
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 (0.7 ounce) packets Italian dressing mix, dry
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook sausage until completely browned and cooked through. Drain juices. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the milk and stir constantly until sauce comes to a boil.
- Add the Italian dressing mixes and the cream cheese and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Layer ½ of the potatoes on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle ½ of the sausage evenly over the potatoes.
- Spread ½ of the sauce evenly over the sausage.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese evenly over the sauce.
- Repeat the process.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for an hour to an hour and a half, or until the potatoes are done.