Crepes and “The Goodness”
Crepes were a big success in my home growing up!
My mom made them for us often and in so many different varieties. The great thing about crepes, is that you can turn them into pretty much whatever craving you are having. You can go the salty breakfast route, where you fill them with eggs and sausage, topped with a great cheese sauce. Or, you can go my favorite route, the sweet route.
My favorite way to do crepes is filling them with “The Goodness” and topping them with Boysenberry Syrup and powdered sugar. I forgot to top them with powdered sugar in this picture. I use a crepe maker appliance:
And the tray that comes with it to put the batter into for dipping:
Crepes with The Goodness
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cool whip thawed
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Poor batter into dish, or if you have it, use your crepe maker tray.
- Dip preheated Crepe maker into batter. Turn upright. When crepe loses gloss, pull it gently off the crepe maker. If making on the stovetop, pour thin layer into greased skillet. When crepe loses gloss and little bubbles form, take it off.
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth consistency. Fill crepes with it. It also is delicious onto of pancakes, waffles, french toast, etc!
YUM! I always look forward to Stevenson Christmas Eve because of these babies, so good!
Jared & Elyse
I want to make these on Father's day! I don't have a crepe making device.... Would it work in just a normal pan?
Chef in Training
oh for sure. I only use the crepe making device because it makes them so much quicker. But a pan would work just fine!
Leave a Comment