This is a flavorful and delicious creamy soup that is packed with tender asparagus and wonderful ingredients that enhance it’s flavor! This is a must try!
Asparagus is in season and I am thrilled about it! It is one of my absolute favorite vegetables. When cooked right, it is so tender and juicy.
Pair the tender asparagus with creamy soup and you have heaven in a bowl. The flavors of this soup compliment one another so perfectly and truly enhance the flavor of the asparagus and make it something special!
Definitely give this a try! The asparagus is the perfect addition to a creamy soup base. This will become a new family favorite :)
- 4 cups asparagus, cut in ¾ inch bites
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons garlic
- ¼ cup flour
- 6 cups half and half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 chicken bullion cubes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil asparagus bites in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium high heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add flour and cook for an additional minute. While stirring constantly, slowly add half and half and cream. Add bullion, salt, pepper and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add asparagus. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and cook 1 minute.