Cream Cheese Stuffed Orange Donut Bites
I LOVE donuts. I love donuts probably way more than I should. And these little donut bites- yeah they are pretty much amazing!
The cream cheese is such a fun surprise when you pop one into your mouth and take a bite. The orange adds such a delicious and refreshing taste. If you love orange rolls, then you are going to LOVE these Cream Cheese Stuffed Orange Donut Bites!
Everyone who sampled some of these described them as heaven in the mouth! Be careful, it is nearly impossible to stop at just one!
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3-4 cups flour
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 4 cups of vegetable oil
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine yeast, sugar and warm water and let dissolve and yeast proof.
- After yeast has proofed, add egg, oil, orange juice, warm water, orange zest, salt and sugar and mix until combined.
- Slowly add flour a cup to ½ cup at a time until dough reaches a good bread dough consistency. Knead until smooth and combined.
- Let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat 4 cups of vegetable oil in a medium sauce pan to 370 degrees F.
- Roll dough onto a floured surface in a rectangle about a half of an inch think. Approximately 12x14 inches. Cut into one inch squares. Place about a teaspoon of cream cheese in the center of each square and fold all the edges together to make a ball.
- Place in oil and fry for about 3 to 4 min until golden in color and cooked through.
- Mix all the ingredients together and dip the donuts in the glaze and let set on a cooling rack with a paper towel underneath. Makes about 3 dozen.
Averie @ Averie Cooks
Cream cheese stuffed dough, that's fried, and then glazed with an orange glaze...GIRL!! There's no way anyone could stop at one or ten! They sound amazing! I want them for breakfast right now! Pinned!
I HAVE to make these!! Thank you!!!
Pinned and trying asap!
These sound amazing but I am new to the world of using yeast in baking. Did you use the cake of yeast or dry? Please let me know. I want to make these asap. Thanks for sharing.
Chef in Training
active dry yeast
Wow, these look like they would melt in my mouth!
Why are there no nutrition facts given with recipes. Especially the calorie count where so many people are trying to reduce their intake of calories, etc.
Erin @ Making Memories
Oh my gosh. I'm speechless. These look absolutely heavenly!!!!
I LOVE orange rolls. So excited to try these. Pinned!
Leave a Comment