This Cookies and Cream Sheet Cake is super moist and absolutely delicious! It is perfect for parties and get togethers. It is loaded with Oreo Cookies and topped with a delicious creamy frosting.
Cookies and Cream has to be one of my favorite flavors of desserts. My husband’s favorite treat is a tall glass of milk and Oreo Cookies. He loves when I find a way to incorporate them into desserts.
This cake was absolutely delightful! It is so moist and the crushed Oreo cookies throughout the cake create such a fantastic flavor. Then when paired with the creamy frosting, you get a match made in heaven! This will definitely be a recipe I revisit often. It was a huge hit with every single person who tried it.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 15 Oreos, crumbled
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ heavy cream
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 10 Oreos crumbled to top the cake
- In a large mixing bowl, measure flour and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine butter, water, and shortening. Bring to a boil. After mixture reaches a boil, add it to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Add buttermilk, then baking soda, then eggs, then vanilla in that order, mixing in-between each addition.
- Stir in crushed Oreo cookies.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1 inch cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Combine all frosting ingredients and beat until creamy. Spread evenly over the cake and top with crushed Oreos.