I am guessing by the title of this recipe, you have all concluded this isn’t your typical salad… and you are right!
I love a good salad. Seriously. Leafy greens and mix up the salty or sweet additions… its great!
I also love a dessert salad. Like this one. It is the perfect combination of flavors! When I first heard what went into it I was very skeptical of how it would all taste together… well take my word for it… it is AMAZING! I first tried/received this recipe from my parent’s cute neighbors. My family has been hooked ever since. We had a BBQ with our friends recently and I made this as a side dish/dessert and everyone loved it! I also love it because it is unique and different. If you have to bring a side to a dinner with your friends or family, give this one a whirl!
- 2 (3.4 oz) packages Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 12 oz. cool whip, can use sweetened whip cream in place if preferred
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 (11 oz) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 packaged fudge striped cookies
- In a large bowl, stir pudding packages with buttermilk until well combined.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Stir in pineapple tidbits and mandarin oranges.
- crumble cookies up into bowl (not too small) and stir into salad. Reserve a few cookie crumbs for garnish on top.
Dig in!… You are going to LOVE it :)