These Chile Verde Pork Enchiladas are such a flavorful seasoned meal and will have everyone smiling at the dinner table. They have a creamy filling and saucy exterior. The pork is tender and infused with flavor.
We just got back from a fun labor day family vacation. Getting back into the swing of school and extra activities has been the goal this week. Dinner always needs to be quick on busy days, and this one fits that criteria.
The pork is cooked in a slow cooker for about 5 hours. Then when the pork is done and I am about 35 minutes from when I want the family to sit down for dinner, I assemble these Chile Verde Pork Enchiladas and pop them in the oven.
It is so simple to make and one of my family’s favorites. The creamy filling is a focal point of the recipe. It adds a great balance to the sauce and the cheese. All the ingredients work so well together.
- 2 Pounds pork stew meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 15 ounces green taco sauce, I use La Victoria
- 1½ Tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- ½ Tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 small flour tortillas
- 3½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In your slow cooker add pork, green sauce, minced garlic, onion, pepper, salt, Cayenne, green chilies, and chicken bouillon. Cook for 5 to hours on high. (This is also a great instant pot recipe.)
- In a small mixing bowl combine cream cheese, ½ teaspoon salt, and black beans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread about 2 to 3 Tablespoons of the cream cheese/bean mixture lengthwise in the center of a tortilla.
- Spoon about ⅓ cup of the pork over the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle about 2 to 3 Tablespoons of cheese over the top of pork.
- Roll enchilada tightly and place in baking dish.
- Repeat this until you have filled each of the 10 tortillas.
- Pour the rest of the chili Verde sauce over the enchiladas and bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 minutes.
- Remove enchiladas from the oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the enchiladas and then return enchiladas to the oven for another 5 to 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole.