Chicken Jalapeño Popper Pasta
This Chicken Jalapeño Popper Pasta is loaded with creamy cheesy goodness! It has the right amount of heat and cool and is such a flavor packed meal the whole family will go crazy over!
I am always looking for fun ways to change up flavors and ideas for main dishes for dinner. This meal was a home run with my whole family! My husband could not stop raving about this recipe!
It is both creamy and cheesy and a perfect blend of heat and cool. It is quite the flavor sensation and is sure to be a huge hit!
I used cellentani pasta and my family loved these noodles. I haven’t cooked a lot with this particular pasta before but I think that needs to change. It’s fun shape brought smiles to my kids faces and made it easier to introduce them to these fun new flavors. I will definitely be using this pasta more often.
If you are looking for a fabulous new dinner idea, give this a try! I am sure you will love it as much as we do!
- 1 pound cellentani pasta, cooked according to the package and drained
- 16 ounces cream cheese, very softened
- 1 cup bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- ¼ cup diced jalapenos
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup half and half
- 2½ cups cooked and chopped chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl add cream cheese, bacon, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and jalapenos. Mix well.
- Stir in cream and half and half.
- Add pasta and mix well.
- Stir in chicken.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Spread bread crumbs over pasta.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
I just can't eat jalepenos but this looks like a dream for my husband!
Wow that pasta sounds awesome! I love jalapeno poppers so I am totally bookmarking and trying this recipe. Thanks for the blog hop!
How much breadcrumbs do you need for this recipe
Item not listed in ingredient section but is in directions
Bread crumbs? Going to wing it. Looks like a good innovative recipe!
Chef in Training
the come in a canister usually down the baking aisle :) Hope that helps!
Hi just,made the recipe today &...... Vooooommmm the dish was absolutely ravished by my 14 & 9 yr old boys who have the most MASSIVE appetite. Seriously it was SUPER. My older one has taken a promise from me to make it for his schools market day ! I have taken a photo like u asked but dont know how to post it here.
What would be a good side to go with this dish? It looks amazing! I am going to try it tonite. Thanks!
Do you cook the pasta, chicken and bacon before putting it in the oven?
There aren't any breadcrumbs listed in the ingredients list? How much?
Leave a Comment