Cake Batter Rice Krispy Treats
I love cake mix! It adds such a sweet and yummy flavor.
I saw this recipe over at Gimme Some Oven and knew it would be a smash hit at my home, and sure enough, it was! I don’t think we will ever make just regular rice krispy treats ever again!
CAKE BATTER RICE KRISPY TREATS
recipe from: Gimme Some Oven
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of mini-marshmallows
- ⅔ cup yellow cake mix
- 6 cups rice krispy cereal
- ⅓ cup assorted sprinkles
- In a large sauce pan over low heat, melt butter.
- Once butter has completely melted, add marshmallows. Stir until they begin to melt, adding in cake mix one spoonful at a time so its combined. Make sure you taste a little bit to make sure it is as "cake batter" flavored as you would like.
- Gently stir in cereal to the marshmallow mixture until it is all completely coated.
- Add half of the sprinkles and stir gently to mix in.
- Press into a 9x13 baking dish sprinkle remaining sprinkles over the top. I spray my hands with pam so that the rice krispie treats won't stick to them while I press and I get a smooth top.
- Let it sit and cool for about 10-15 minutes to let the rice krispie treats firm up :)
Yum! What a cool idea!I stumbled this!
How delicious these sound! I have to confess that I have never made rice krispie treats! My grandmother always makes the when we visit and I just consider it to be a special treat! Now, I think I may have to give it a try! Thank you for sharing!!!
This looks really good! I will have to try and find a way to make it vegan (no animal products)! :)
These really look good. I am totally infatuated with krispie treats so this may well elevate it to new heights.Lisa
Oh yum. What a great variation of the rice krispie treat!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust
I love these! They look so pretty. :)
Rice Krispie treats are my favorite!! I'm going to have to try them with cake batter!! yum!!
-saw you on Tip Junkie!
LOVE these!! Would LOVE it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/10/turquoise-lovin-9.html
Those look yummy!
I'm not a rice krispie treat fan. Never have been. But these I want to try!! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week!
Sounds yummy! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Show & Share! Can't wait to see you again this Wednesday!Mariemylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com
best personal training certification
I'm going to have to try this for my daughters. Love the colors! Yummy!
Just got out of the kitchen and HOLY COW! These are amazing! I'm going to have to keep an eye on that pan or my friends will eat every last bite.
I think I will try this using the funfetti cake mix!
I am about to make this! I cant wait!!!!!
Lauren & Zach
It's those darling sprinkles from the cookies! What is the brand of these? They really are the cutest! :)
I couldn't find these dot sprinkles so I used regular jimmies and they came out pink! They're still cute and tasty though :)
Getting ready to try these---glad I clicked on the link--I though 3-2/3 cup of cake mix was A LOT.....it's not that!!! Original recipe is 1/4 cup of yellow cake mix. Can't wait to make these after dinner!!
I have fallen in love with this site and your recipes. These rice crispy treats look so fun and easy!
Leave a Comment