During these times of
morning all-day-but-mostly-night sickness, My sweet mother has stepped up to the plate to help me cook some delicious recipes for you in the past few weeks that I have been sick. Doesn’t she deserve mother of the year for that? I think so! AND it has meat because I know not all of you are anti-meat right now unlike me haha!
Lets talk about my mom’s Buffalo Chicken Dip for a minute. If you haven’t tried it yet, it is one EASY recipe on the blog you are missing out on. It made my hubby’s “Hubby Favorites” list AND is the most requested appetizer I get for parties and get togethers.
I was visiting my mother a couple weekends ago and we decided to turn this incredible dip into just as amazing of a dinner/appetizer (can be either depending on your plans). Since I can’t have meat right now, I surveyed everyone who sampled them so you could know for sure that these bad boys are INSANELY good! We had them for dinner, but I cut them up to serve as cute appetizers as well. We served them with a blue cheese sauce that completed the recipe to pure perfection. You are going to love them!
If you are serving a larger crowd, definitely DOUBLE the recipe.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ⅛ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup blue cheese, divided
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix cream cheese and buffalo sauce until well combined.
- Stir in chicken until well combined.
- Place 2-3 Tablespoons of mixture spread into a thin line onto center of flour tortilla. Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of bleu cheese over the top. Roll up tight.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and repeat for remaining taquitos.
- Once taquitos are arranged on cookie sheet, lightly spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until taquitos are golden brown.
- Combine sauce ingredients until smooth. Dip taquitos and enjoy!