These Best Ever Pecan Sandies Cookies are absolutely INCREDIBLE and insanely addictive. They are crisp but melt in your mouth. These are such basic cookies with an out of this world flavor and will truly be THE BEST version you ever try!
BEST EVER PECAN SANDIES COOKIES
Okay. Everyone pause what you are doing. If you make one cookie this holiday season, give these Best Ever Pecan Sandies Cookies a whirl. I am not even joking. I hate FAR too many cookies than I care to say and will tell you that these cookies have received far more compliments than any others I have made this holiday season.
This recipe actually comes from my mom’s neighbor and the moment I first tried them, I knew I needed that recipe stat. These cookies have the perfect crisp texture with a melt in your mouth finish that is absolutely heavenly. The taste is perfection, especially with such minimal ingredients.
I am not normally a Pecan Sandies kind of cookie girl, however, these cookies made their way up to one of the cookies “Top Cookies List.” Trust me, you will not be disappointed with this cookie recipe!
- 1 cup softened butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable shortening
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla together for 2 minutes until fluffy.
- Add flour and beat on low until the dough comes together.
- Add pecans and beat again until they are just barely mixed in.
- Make the dough into a large ball and then divide it into two.
- Roll each section into (2) two-inch logs.
- Wrap them in plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a log one at a time on a cutting board and slice them into ¼ inch cookies and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle them with sugar and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown just slightly at the edges.
- Cool the cookies on the pans for 5 minutes and then remove them to a cooling rack.
- Place the chocolate chips and the vegetable shortening in a microwavable bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Line cookie sheets with new parchment paper.
- Dip the cookies in the chocolate half way and place on the parchment paper.
- Allow the cookies to set before serving them.