This Best Ever Fruit Salsa will be your go to summertime indulgence. It is healthy and tastes incredible. The flavor is perfection as it mixes tart and sweet. This will become a new favorite snack as it uses all fresh ingredients and is light and refreshing making it perfect for this summer season.
My husband is tall and skinny, yet eats EVERYTHING and ANYTHING he wants to. I always joke that he is my human garbage disposal because he literally eats everything in sight. My kids were all lucky enough to be blessed with that metabolism but with it comes one problem. I am being eaten out of house and home by four people.
Now that kids are home for summer, I feel like I need to get locks on my fridge, freezer and pantry because they are always snacking. Always. Especially my four year old. I have found evidence of him climbing in our panty to reach the peanut butter. I have also caught him red handed one to many times with the jar of peanut butter and a spoon sitting in the pantry.
I try to keep snacks in abundance but I love snacks I don’t have to feel as bad about them eating. This Best Ever Fruit Salsa is one of them.
This recipe gets them to eat a variety of fruit and it is generally healthy. You don’t really need the cinnamon sugar chips if you want to eliminate those extra calories and sugar, although they do really add something special to the recipe.
If you are looking for the perfect summertime snack that uses fresh, in-season ingredients, look no further because this is it! This Best Ever Fruit Salsa is perfect for the family, any gatherings or BBQs you may have.
- 1 quart strawberries, diced
- 1 green apple, pealed and diced
- 1 pear, pealed and diced
- 2 Kiwi, pealed and diced
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- (9) 8 inch four tortillas
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- cinnamon and sugar to sprinkle
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss.
- Serve with cinnamon-sugar chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush tortillas with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Cut each tortilla into eight triangles and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool and serve with the fruit salsa.