This Best Ever Banana Cream Pie is truly INCREDIBLE! It has a homemade graham cracker crust, delicious banana cream filling and topped with whipped cream. It is perfect for any occasion!
You guys. This pie is insanely delicious. I am not normally a pie person but this one has quickly soared to one of my new go-to desserts for company. EVERYONE raves about this pie!
It starts with a homemade buttery graham cracker crust that is such a wonderful accent to the the banana cream pie filling. But let’s talk about that cream filling though… The banana cream pie filling is of course the best part of this dessert!
It is silky, creamy with delicious chunks of banana throughout.
It is then topped with a homemade whipped cream that truly completes the pie.
The three parts of the pie work together to create magic in every bite. I kid you not when I say that this pie will be THE BEST Banana Cream Pie you EVER try!
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 6Tablespoons melted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar and mix well. Add melted butter and mix until it is well blended.
- Press into a 9 inch pie pan and bake for 7 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- In medium sauce pan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add half and half and egg yolks and whisk until well combined. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute and remove from heat. Stir in butter, and vanilla.
- Pour ½ of the filling into the crust.
- Top with sliced bananas to cover the filling.
- Pour the rest of the filling over the bananas.
- Cover with saran wrap directly on the filling itself to avoiding a sticky film on top.
- Chill for at least 3 hours.
- Top with another layer of sliced bananas.
- In a medium mixing bow,l beat whipping cream at high speed. Gradually add sugar and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form. You don't want them to be soft but you don't want them to become butter either.
- Spread whipping cream over the top of the bananas and then garnish with a few more slices of bananas. Serve.
For more Banana Cream Pie Recipes, check out these: