Today I have a yummy Chinese appetizer to share with you. Whenever I go to Panda Express I see their Cream Cheese Rangoons staring me right in the face. I never get them because they are a couple buck extra (I’m cheap at Panda for some reason) and honestly, I try to avoid fried foods as much as possible
I decided to give them ago at my own house and make them BAKED. Healthier and JUST AS delicious! These are a new family favorite!
These little appetizers are so delicious. My hubby kept raving about them and that then need to happen weekly haha! We dipped ours into some Sweet and Sour Sauce, but you can dip them into whatever your heart desires. I actually prefer not to dip them in anything.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅛ tsp. minced garlic
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped green onion
- 1 egg
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, garlic, salt and green onion until well mixed.
- Whisk egg until well beaten in a small bowl.
- Place one teaspoon of cream cheese mixture into the center of one wonton wrapper.
- Dip your finger into the beaten egg and lightly coat the outer edges of the wonton wrapper..
- Bring all the corners of the wonton together up to the center and pinch. Pinch all the sides together to to form an "X" or star appearance. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat for remaining wontons.
- Lightly spray the tops of the wontons with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 7-12 minutes or until tops are golden brown in color.
(recipe adapted from: High Heels and Grills)