I love granola bars. They have always been my go-to snack when I am on the run or out and about.
This homemade version is phenomenal. It has the right amount of crunch and flavor. They are chew and absolutely delicious and, in my opinion, get better with age :)
If you want to try a granola bar from scratch, give this one a try! It couldn’t be easier! And something about homemade always makes things more tasty. With kids in school, this recipe is going to become a regular around our house! We love them!
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1½ cups cashews
- ½ cups sesame seeds
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the oatmeal, coconut, almonds, sesame seeds, and cashews together and spread them out evenly over the cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer back to mixing bowl and turn the oven down to 300 degrees F.
- In a sauce pan melt butter, honey, brown sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute and then pour over oatmeal mixture. Stir to evenly coat. Pour the mixture back onto the sprayed cookie sheet and press down with your hand. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Press into the granola. Let cool for 2 to 3 hour and then cut into bars.