These Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs are mouthwatering delicious! They are prepped in a delicious marinade, paired with fresh pineapple and bell peppers and grilled to perfection!
This summer has been exceptionally hot. I was pregnant up until 4 weeks ago and have been looking for ways to stay cool all summer. And now that life is filled with 4 kids I am all about EASY meals. I went to visit my parents house a couple months prior to having my baby girl and my mom whipped up these delicious Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs. She is a grilling master and always cooks up such delicious creations on the grill. Once I tried them I had to have the recipe because cooking outside means keeping the heat outside which allows my house to stay that much cooler.
My husband is the biggest teriyaki fan so of course these Teriyaki Chicken Skewers were going to happen when he was around. He LOVED them as I know you will too. The flavor is seriously incredible
- 10 to 12 skewers, if you use wooden skewers, make sure to soak in water for two hours
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders or breasts, cut into 2 inches pieces
- 3 bell peppers cut into 2 inch pieces
- pineapple chunks, cut into 2 inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ Tablespoons ginger
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Mix all marinade ingredients together. Reserve ⅔ cups to make sauce to baste over cooked kabobs.
- Place chicken in zip lock bag and add marinade. Marinate for 3 hours or longer.
- Skewer chicken on wooden skewers alternating with peppers and pineapple.
- Heat grill to medium heat and cook skewers for about five minutes per side until chicken is cooked through. Remove from grill and baste with cooked sauce.
- Serve hot.
- Place in small sauce pan and heat sauce over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for five minutes.
- Baste cooked skewers with remaining sauce.